In today’s day, society relies on cars for transportation, and in particular, Uber and Lyft. With that being said, injuries can happen. If you were hurt in one, reach out to our firm today to speak with our skilled Orlando, Florida personal injury attorneys.
What should I do if I’m injured in an Uber/Lyft accident?
If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident and would like to pursue legal action, be sure to take the following measures, if you are able:
- Call 911
- Obtain the driver’s insurance information
- Take photos and videos of the accident
- Acquire witness contact information
- Seek medical treatment right away
- Retain the services of a skilled Orlando car accident lawyer
Reach out to our firm today to speak with a dedicated and experienced personal injury attorney. We are committed to ensuring you obtain the compensation you need to move forward.
How does Uber/Lyft’s liability coverage work?
It is important to keep in mind that Uber and Lyft have a liability coverage system. This system determines how much in compensation Uber/Lyft accident victims are qualified to receive. The system is broken down into four periods depending on the facts of each case. They are as follows:
- Period 0: This is when an Uber/Lyft driver causes an auto accident when he or she is not yet logged into the app. In this case, Uber/Lyft will typically not provide liability coverage.
- Period 1: Period 1 is when the driver causes an accident when he or she is logged in to the app but has not yet accepted a ride. In this case, Uber/Lyft will provide up to $50,000 per person in liability coverage, $100,000 total injury liability per accident, and $25,000 property damage liability.
- Period 2: If an Uber/Lyft driver causes an auto accident when he or she has accepted a ride and was en route to pick up the passenger. In this case, Uber/Lyft will provide the injured party with up to $1 million in liability coverage.
- Period 3: This is when an Uber driver causes an auto accident with a passenger in the vehicle. In this circumstance, Uber/Lyft will supply up to $1 million in liability coverage, in addition to limited coverage for any damage to the driver’s car and the uninsured motorists’ coverage.
If you have been injured in an Uber/Lyft accident and are suffering the consequences, our legal team is here to help you. We will fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. We are on your side and will be through each step of the way. We look forward to hearing from you.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.