Many parents are anxious about dropping their children off at daycare. This is understandable, as a parent can only hope he or she is leaving their child with someone who will care for them as they would. Fortunately, most daycare providers deeply understand how important it is for them to do their job to the best of their ability. However, sometimes a daycare employer or staff member is negligent, and your child is involved in an accident as a result. This is unacceptable. If you find yourself in this situation, please read on to learn more about how you can hold a negligent daycare facility accountable for their actions.
How do I know if my child’s daycare is negligent?
There are several signs and symptoms of daycare negligence that parents must watch out for at all times. Some examples of a negligent daycare environment and its effects are as follows:
- Daycares that do not properly screen potential employees to ensure they are not a liability to have around children
- Failing to ensure the daycare is a clean, safe environment. Some examples of daycare hazards can include rusty or broken playground equipment, sharp objects lying around, mold or disturbed asbestos present, and more
- Either failing to inquire about a child’s food allergies, or inquiring, and then neglecting to abide by those allergies
- Failing to ensure all choking hazards are stowed away. Some children will pick up just about anything small enough to fit in their mouths, which is why all daycares must constantly clean and stay organized
- Daycare staff ignoring complaints of sickness, hunger, or inappropriate behavior
- Failing to provide students with clean food and water
- If your child consistently comes home hungry or with bruises, this is a red flag
If you suspect your child is being abused, you must call 911 and hire an experienced attorney as soon as possible. You may keep several children out of harm’s way by doing so.
Can I sue a negligent or abusive daycare?
If you can prove that your child was injured or abused as a direct result of your daycare provider’s negligent or malicious actions, you should be able to recover compensation to help you and your family heal. However, you will need the help of a knowledgeable attorney who will collect evidence, such as pictures or videos of the accident, witness statements, medical documents and more to prove your claim.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Our firm understands the potential repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.