There are few things worse than being involved in an accident that leads to injury. Car accidents are the most common type of auto accident, and if you’ve been injured in one due to no fault of your own, you should consider reaching out to an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who can fight for the compensation you deserve and need to heal. Here are some of the questions you may have about car accidents:
What are the most common causes of car accidents?
Car accidents can occur for a wide variety of reasons. However, not unlike most accidents, the majority of them are caused by negligence. Some of the most common types of negligence that often lead to car accidents are as follows:
- Texting while driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Unsafe lane changes
- Unsafe merging
- Failing to check blind spots
- Ignoring traffic lights
- Ignoring traffic signs
- Driving while fatigued
What should I do after being involved in a car accident?
If you are involved in a car accident, there are several steps you should take. They are as follows:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident and ensure you receive immediate medical treatment if you are injured.
- Ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Take picture of any damage caused by the accident.
- Ask any witnesses of your accident for their contact information.
- Ensure you receive a copy of all medical documentation regarding your injuries.
- If you’ve been injured and the accident wasn’t your fault, retain the services of an experienced Orlando personal injury attorney.
To learn more about what to do after a car accident, simply watch the video below.
What is the statute of limitations for car accident claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, generally, four years, which means that in most cases, you will only have four years from the date of your accident to sue the party responsible for your injuries. That being said, the sooner you file your claim, the better off you will be. Our legal team is ready to help you today.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.