Pedestrian accidents are among the most brutal types of auto accidents, particularly because of the fact that pedestrians stand little to no chance against a moving motor vehicle. If you’ve recently sustained a serious injury as a pedestrian, our Florida personal injury attorney is ready to help you through every step of the claims process ahead in an effort to obtain the financial compensation you deserve and need to heal. Here are some of the questions you may have:
How do most pedestrian accidents happen?
Pedestrian accidents, not unlike most other accidents, are usually a result of negligence. Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include drivers speeding, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, drivers failing to see pedestrians at night, ignoring traffic lights or signs, and more. If you were harmed as a result of driver negligence, you most likely have a valid personal injury claim.
Click the video below to learn more about pedestrian accidents first-hand from Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team.
What should I do after being injured as a pedestrian?
Though pedestrian accidents can be incredibly jarring and painful, if you’ve been injured in one, you should do everything in your power to document the incident. Of course, at times, this is impossible, however, if you can, try to take the following steps after your accident:
- Call the police. They should write up a police report.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Ask the driver for his or her insurance information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Florida personal injury lawyer who can work to obtain all additional evidence needed to prove your personal injury claim, such as security camera footage of your accident. Ensure that you do not wait any longer than four years from the date of your accident to sue the liable party, as the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, generally, four years. The longer you wait, the more challenging it will be to prove that your injuries were directly caused by your accident.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.