The Fourth of July is among the most enjoyable holidays to celebrate. If you’re like most people, fireworks will be a part of the festivities. This is great fun, though it can only remain a fun activity if everyone is safe. Please continue reading and speak with our experienced Florida personal injury lawyers to learn more about firework safety and how our legal team can help if you’ve been injured in a firework accident.
Crucial Firework Safety Tips
Some of the many safety steps you should take before celebrating the Fourth of July are as follows:
- Ensure that all fireworks are completely out before throwing them in the trash. They can reignite if they are still hot. You can prevent this by dousing them in water before throwing them away.
- Always make sure that guests are far enough back before lighting off fireworks.
- Never stand over a firework while you light it.
- Ensure you understand your state’s firework laws.
- Use protective glasses when lighting off fireworks.
- Keep your pets inside, as fireworks can startle them, causing them to run away or otherwise behave erratically.
- Never relight “duds.”
- Ensure that you are near a water source, such as a hose, in case of an accidental fire.
- Ensure that only responsible adults are handling the fireworks–never children.
What You Should Do After a Firework Accident
If you end up sustaining an injury on someone else’s property due to no fault of your own in a firework accident, the first thing you should do is call an ambulance. You should then do your best to document the facts of the incident, such as by taking pictures of the accident/your injuries, asking witnesses for their contact information, retrieving any videos of the accident, and more. You should ensure that you receive a copy of all medical documentation regarding your accident. You should then speak with our knowledgeable Florida personal injury lawyers who can work to obtain all other evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof in either a premises liability claim or a product liability claim. To learn more about what you need to prove to win a premises liability claim, simply click the video below.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.