There are few things worse than sustaining an injury while on vacation or while on business, though hotel accidents, unfortunately, occur far more often than you think. Read on and reach out to our Orlando personal injury attorney to learn more about hotel accidents and how we can help if you’ve been hurt in one. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What causes hotel accidents, and how do I know if I have a valid premises liability claim?
Hotel accidents can occur for a wide variety of reasons, though they are very frequently the result of negligence (often on the part of hotel staff or management). For example, spills left unattended, unsafe hotel gym equipment, defective hotel elevators/unsafe hotel stairwells, unsafe hotel swimming pools, and more, all can cause serious accidents. As long as our firm can prove that the hotel management/staff either knew or should have known about the unsafe hotel conditions, failed to fix them, and that you were injured and sustained damages as a result, you should have a valid premises liability claim.
What should I do after being hurt in a hotel accident?
If you were injured in a hotel accident, if possible, you should try to document the facts surrounding the incident. If you can, try to do the following:
- Notify hotel staff/management of your accident and call the police.
- While you await emergency services, ask anyone who saw your accident for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take pictures of the unsafe hotel conditions that caused your accident.
- Receive immediate medical treatment and ensure you get a copy of all medical documentation surrounding your injury.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Florida personal injury lawyer, and ensure you do so within the state’s statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, generally, four years, meaning that in most cases, you must file your personal injury claim within four years of the date of your accident. If you wait any longer than four years, you will most likely permanently lose your right to sue.
To learn more about what to do after a slip and fall accident, click the video below.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.