There are few things more jarring, and potentially life-altering than being injured in a serious accident. Here at the Florida Personal Injury Law Team, our experienced Florida personal injury attorneys are dedicated to fighting for the compensation you deserve. The first step of filing your claim is attending your initial consultation with a personal injury attorney. Here are some of the questions you may have about your initial consultation with our firm:
What documents should I take to my first meeting with a personal injury attorney?
When meeting with your personal injury attorney for the first time, it is always best to include various forms, documents, and other pieces of evidence you may have that can help prove your personal injury claim. If possible, please bring the following to your consultation:
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident.
- Contact information of anyone who witnessed your accident. This can include phone numbers, emails, business cards, and more.
- The cost of your injuries, meaning receipts for any doctor’s visits, surgeries, hospital stays, and in-home care, as well as the amount of time you missed from work (so we can calculate exactly how much you lost in wages).
- Pictures of the safety hazard that caused your accident, or security camera footage of the accident itself.
- Your health insurance, and car insurance if you were involved in a car accident.
- Any correspondence you may have had with the opposing party or their insurance company.
What questions will my attorney ask me about my case?
Of course, the circumstances of your case will impact the questions your attorney will ask you. However, you should understand that the main object of these questions is to get a better idea of the circumstances surrounding your case so your attorney can best represent you going forward. Your attorney will ask you what your doctor’s official prognosis is, how your injuries affect your daily life, whether you have ever been injured in an accident before, and more. If you need an experienced attorney on your side who has what it takes to win you your personal injury claim, look no further–contact Attorney Schmitt today.
Contact our experienced Florida personal injury firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.