There are few things more jarring than being involved in an accident where you least expect it. However, with the recent virus pandemic in mind, it’s no secret that people are swiftly taking to the supermarkets in an effort to stock up on necessities. Unfortunately, if you are someone who has recently been injured in a supermarket accident, you are most likely now seeking financial compensation to help cover the cost of your medical bills, in-home care, and more. Please continue reading and speak with our experienced Orlando personal injury attorney to learn more about how our firm can help you through the legal process going forward. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do if I have been injured in a supermarket accident in Florida?
After a supermarket accident, there are several steps you should take to ensure you maximize your chances of winning a future personal injury claim. They are as follows:
- First, call a store manager and inform them of what happened. They should then write up a store incident report.
- Next, call the police. They will send an ambulance which, on arrival, will transport you to the hospital.
- From here, take pictures of the unsafe supermarket conditions, as any negligent party may try and clear these hazards away before help arrives.
- Ask anyone who saw the accident occur for their contact information so they may corroborate your personal injury claim in the future.
- After receiving medical treatment, ensure you ask your doctor for medical documents relating to your injuries, as these can also be used to help prove your claim.
- Retain the services of an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who knows how to satisfy the burden of proof and win clients the financial compensation they need to recover from their injuries.
How long do I have to sue after sustaining a supermarket accident injury in FL?
After sustaining injuries in an accident, individuals must abide by the statute of limitations. Since the statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Florida is four years, you will have four years from the date of your accident to take legal action against a negligent party. Do not wait past the four-year limit, or you will most likely be barred from suing. Attorney Schmitt is ready to help you today.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.