Construction sites are regulated by organizations such as OSHA, however, when people violate these regulations, serious accidents can occur, and people sustain severe injuries as a result. If you were injured in a construction accident, please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable Orlando personal injury attorney to learn more about what our firm can do for you. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do if I am injured in a construction accident in Orlando?
If you are someone who has been injured in a construction accident, there are several things you should do to help ensure you have everything you need to obtain workers’ compensation or to win a third-party claim. After an accident, ensure you do the following:
- First, notify your supervisor, who should call the police and send an ambulance to the scene.
- Take pictures of the unsafe conditions or defective equipment that caused your injuries before anyone tries to clear the hazard away before the police arrive.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information so they may corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Once you are treated at a hospital, ask your doctor for any and all medical documentation pertaining to your injuries and how they prevent you from returning to work.
- Retain the services of an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who can gather and present all evidence needed, such as security camera footage of your accident to prove that you were injured due to another party’s negligence.
What is a third-party claim?
Oftentimes, when people are injured in construction site accidents, if workers’ compensation does not cover the entirety of their medical bills, they wish to file what is known as a third-party claim. This is so they can sue a third party responsible for their injuries, recovering the entire compensation they need, while also keeping their job by not suing their employer directly. Negligent product designers or manufacturers, architects, general contractors, and more are all examples of third parties that are frequently responsible for construction site accidents.
To learn more about workplace accidents in Florida, simply click the video below.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.