Memorial Day involves barbecues, pool parties, and more all over the country, as we honor those who have served our country. Memorial Day is also one of the biggest travel days of the year, meaning there are far more auto accidents than normal. If you are injured in a Memorial Day car accident, you will most likely require financial compensation to heal. Please continue reading and reach out to our experienced Florida personal injury attorney to learn more about how our firm can help you through the claims process.
What should I do if I am injured in a car accident?
If you are injured in a car accident, whether at the hands of a drunk driver or otherwise, there are several things you should do to bolster your chances of winning a future personal injury claim. They are as follows:
- First call the police, who will send an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- While you await the ambulance’s arrival, ask the driver for his or her insurance information, while keeping conversation to a minimum.
- From here, take pictures of the scene of the accident, including any damage to your car, the other motorist’s car, and any property involved in the accident.
- Next, ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information.
- Once you are treated, ask your doctor for any medical documents concerning your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who can guide you through every step of the claims process ahead.
Click the link below to learn more about what to do after a car accident.
How long do I have to sue someone for an injury sustained in a car accident?
The state of Florida has a statute of limitations regarding personal injury claims. Since the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, generally four years, you will, generally, have four years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the party who caused your injuries. Do not make the mistake of waiting too long for if you do, you will most likely be barred from suing. We are ready to begin the claims process on your behalf today. All you have to do is ask.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.