If you ride a motorcycle in Florida, you must be aware of how to do so safely. There are various tips regarding motorcycle safety that you should follow, and our Florida personal injury attorneys have compiled a short list regarding those tips. Please continue reading and reach out to our firm to learn more about how to operate your motorcycle safely at all times.
- There are few things more critical when it comes to motorcycle safety than wearing a helmet and all other protective gear at all times. This includes protective eyewear or goggles, as well as padded jackets, knee pads, gloves, and all other protective gear that can lessen the impact of a serious fall.
- Perform a quick inspection before hitting the road. Check tire pressure and more–this can prevent an accident. Furthermore, if you are driving and notice that there is something wrong, pull over immediately and call the appropriate party for help. Do not simply try and take the motorcycle to a mechanic on your own, as the problem can worsen and leave you seriously injured.
- Follow all rules and regulations of the road. This means stopping at stop signs, obeying traffic lights, driving the speed limit (speeding is the number one cause of motorcycle accident fatalities), never driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, never tailgating the motorist in front of you (always stay at least 3 car lengths back) and more.
- Pay attention to your surroundings at all times. Have eyes on motorists changing lanes, merging, and more. Keep an eye out for when people are stopping. Ensure you are never distracted while operating your motorcycle.
- Just as you must be aware of all other motorists, you should make them aware of you. This means wearing bright clothing if riding at night, ensuring your bike is equipped with reflective devices and using hand signals or your blinker when appropriate.
If you are someone who has been involved in a Florida motorcycle accident, please click the link below to learn more about motorcycle accidents in Florida and how our personal injury attorneys can help if you’ve been injured in one.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.