The new coronavirus, COVID-19 has taken the nation by storm. However, if you have not yet contracted the virus, there are several things you can do to prepare, all of which may not only protect you, but also your family and the general public. Some tips for staying safe in the wake of the coronavirus are as follows:
- Wash your hands regularly, and especially after going in public. Additionally, you should note that it is always best to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds using warm, soapy water. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer also works to kill viral germs as well.
- Practice social distancing. This involves staying at least 3 feet away from everyone you come in contact with. In fact, it is generally best to avoid going out altogether, if possible. Though this is a sacrifice, it is becoming increasingly necessary.
- If you have to cough or sneeze, ensure you do so into your elbow and back away from anyone standing nearby, if at all possible.
- Do not touch your face. If you have come in contact with the virus and touch your eyes, mouth or nose, the virus can actually enter your body that way.
- The symptoms of the new coronavirus include coughing, a fever, or having difficulty breathing. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, ensure you call your local health authority and get the latest information regarding getting tested for the virus, as well as instructions for what you should do going forward.
We understand how significantly the virus has impacted our nation and others, which is why it is crucial you stay calm, stay inside, and practice good hygiene until the virus is eliminated.