There is nothing worse than going to your favorite restaurant, expecting a good meal, only to find yourself in a situation where you trip, slip, or are otherwise injured because of unsafe restaurant conditions. Unfortunately, this is something that happens far more than most of us would like to admit. Please continue reading and reach out to our experienced Orlando premises liability attorneys to learn more about restaurant accidents and how our legal team can assist you if you were injured in one. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are the most common causes of restaurant accidents in Florida?
There are several potential causes of restaurant accidents. Though some of them are virtually inevitable, the truth is, most restaurant accidents occur as a result of negligence, typically on the part of restaurant ownership or staff. Some of the most common causes of restaurant accidents that our firm sees are as follows:
- Hot plates causing serious thermal burns
- Spills left uncleared away
- Dangerous restaurant parking lots or sidewalks
- Dim lighting
- Inadequate security
- Negligent restaurant staff members or managers
- Serving spoiled food to patrons
What should I do if I am hurt in a restaurant accident?
If you are harmed in a restaurant accident, it is imperative that you take the necessary steps to document the accident and receive the medical treatment you need. If you can, you should do the following:
- Call the police and ask for an ambulance, especially if you are seriously injured. They can ensure you receive immediate medical treatment and write up an accident report.
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information, as they can corroborate your claim at a future date.
- Take pictures of the unsafe restaurant conditions that caused your accident, as well as of your injuries, and ensure you inform the restaurant owner of your injury.
- Once you receive medical treatment and are back in stable condition, you should keep a copy of all documentation pertaining to your injuries.
- Finally, you should retain the services of a competent St. Lucie County personal injury lawyer who can work to obtain all other evidence required to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim, such as surveillance footage of your accident as it occurred.
If you have any further questions or you would like to get started, simply give us a call.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.