May is National Bicycle Safety Month, which is why Attorney Schmitt and the Florida Personal Injury Law Team feel it prudent to discuss bicycle safety in this week’s blog. Please continue reading for some valuable tips to help ensure you avoid a serious bicycle accident.
- Always ensure you wear a helmet. Helmets that are in compliance with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) standards may very well save your life in the event of an accident, which is why you simply cannot afford to not wear one.
- Check your bike before heading out. A quick inspection before heading out could save you big time in the long run. Check your tires, chain, and brakes every time to ensure faulty equipment does not cause an accident.
- Always ride with traffic. It is always best to bike in the same direction as traffic. When you bike down the road, ensure you do so on the shoulder, in a straight, predictable line for other motorists. Additionally, always use hand signals to notify them when you plan on turning.
- Do not disobey the rules of the road. Though you are not driving a motor vehicle, bicyclists, pedestrians, and more must adhere to the same rules and regulations of the road. This means you cannot bike while under the influence, you must always stop at stop signs, pay attention to traffic lights, and more.
- Make sure all other motorists can easily spot you. This is especially true if you plan on driving at night. Ensure you wear bright or neon colors, install lights and have reflectors on your bicycle.
Unfortunately, taking precautions and biking responsibly is not always enough to avoid a serious bicycle accident. If you are someone who was wrongly injured in a bike accident due to another motorist’s negligence, you must retain the services of an experienced Orlando personal injury attorney who knows how to gather and present evidence to satisfy the burden of proof and win you the compensation you deserve. To learn more about what to do after a bicycle accident, click the video below and call our firm today. We are here to help you through every step of the claims process ahead.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.