Many of us use Uber or Lyft daily. Unfortunately, accidents with these rideshare services are not uncommon. Read on and reach out to our Orlando personal injury lawyer if you were recently injured in an Uber/Lyft accident. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do if I’m injured in an Uber/Lyft accident?
If you are hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident, you should take the following steps:
- Call the police.
- Get the driver’s insurance information.
- Take pictures of the accident.
- Get witness contact information.
- Seek medical treatment immediately.
- Retain the services of a competent Orlando car accident lawyer.
To learn more about what to do after an Uber/Lyft accident, simply watch the video below.
How does Uber/Lyft’s liability coverage work?
Uber and Lyft have a liability coverage system in place. This system dictates how much in compensation Uber/Lyft accident victims are entitled to. The system is broken down into four periods, and they are as follows:
- Period 0: This is when an Uber/Lyft driver causes an auto accident when he or she is not yet logged into the app. In this case, Uber/Lyft will typically not provide liability coverage.
- Period 1: Period 1 is when the driver causes an accident when he or she is logged in to the app but has not yet accepted a ride. In this case, Uber/Lyft will provide up to $50,000 per person in liability coverage, $100,000 total injury liability per accident, and $25,000 property damage liability.
- Period 2: When an Uber/Lyft driver causes an auto accident when he or she has accepted a ride and was en route to pick up the passenger. In this case, Uber/Lyft will provide the injured party with up to $1 million in liability coverage.
- Period 3: This is when an Uber driver causes an auto accident with a passenger in the vehicle. In this case, Uber/Lyft will provide up to $1 million in liability coverage, as well as limited coverage for any damage to the driver’s car and the uninsured motorists’ coverage.
No one should ever have to fight for their rightful compensation on their own. Our firm has handled countless Uber and Lyft accident claims over the years, and we are prepared to do the same for you. We will fight for the maximum compensation to which you are entitled. All you need to do is pick up the phone and give our legal team a call. We are on your side, and will be through each step of the legal process ahead.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.