There are few things more terrifying than being struck by an oncoming truck. However, it happens, and if you are someone who has been involved in a truck accident, you are most likely now seeking financial compensation to help cover the cost of your medical bills, in-home care, lost wages, and more. Please continue reading and speak with Attorney Schmitt to learn more about how our experienced Florida personal injury firm can help you through the claims process going forward. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do after being injured in a truck accident?
Though truck accidents are often the most catastrophic form of auto accidents, it is best you do several things after being hit to bolster you chances of winning a personal injury claim. They are as follows:
- First, call the police. They will document the incident and send an ambulance.
- Ask the truck driver for his insurance information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including any damage to your vehicle, the trucker’s vehicle, and any property damaged in the accident.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information, including their name, phone number, email, or any other means of contacting them.
- Ask your doctor for medical documentation pertaining to your injuries.
- Hire an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who knows how to gather and present evidence to satisfy the burden of proof.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Florida?
Individuals must file personal injury claims in accordance with the state’s statute of limitations. Since the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, generally, four years, you will, generally, have four years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the party liable for your injuries. If you should wait any longer than four years, you will most likely be barred from suing. Do not let this happen. We are here to fight for the compensation you deserve and need to get back on your feet again. All you have to do is ask.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.