If you have been wrongly injured, you are most likely now seeking the legal assistance of an attorney. However, before you attend your first meeting with your attorney, you should do everything in your power to be as prepared as possible. Please read on and reach out to our experienced Florida personal injury attorneys to learn more about how to prep for your initial consultation and how we can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
What should I bring to my initial consultation with an attorney?
When you hire an attorney, of course, you expect him or her to do the brunt of the work to resolve your case. Though this is generally the case, the truth is, your attorney will need you to provide him or her with various documents and information so he or she can begin developing the most convincing claim possible on your behalf. Some of the most important information you should bring to your initial consultation is as follows:
- The police report filed at the scene of the accident (a police report will document the facts of the incident, as well as indicate if anyone was ticketed or arrested as a result–this is why it is so important to contact the police after an accident!)
- Witness contact information. Witness verification is often a very effective way to prove your personal injury claim
- All damages and expenses incurred as a result of your wrongfully sustained injury
- Pictures and videos of the accident or its aftermath
- Your health insurance, and auto insurance if the accident involved a motor vehicle
- Communications with the other party or their insurance company
What else will my attorney need to know about my case?
Your attorney may ask you several other questions regarding the specifics of your case. Some basic questions your attorney may ask can include whether this is your first accident, and if not, whose fault the prior accident(s) were. Your attorney may also ask questions about your injuries, such as how they affect your daily life, what your exact prognosis was, and whether you have medical documentation to support your claim. If you have been injured in an accident, please do not hesitate to schedule your initial consultation with our experienced personal injury firm.
Contact our experienced Florida personal injury firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.