This past weekend, many people traveled by car or automobile to see their friends and family for Easter. While Easter is generally a time for celebration, the fact is, more auto accidents occur on holidays than on any other days of the year. This is in large part due to the sheer volume of traffic, coupled with the number of people who choose to drive while under the influence of alcohol. Unfortunately, auto accidents can have severe ramifications on a person’s life, and if you are someone who has been wrongfully injured in one, you should strongly consider your legal options going forward. Here are some of the questions you may have for our Florida personal injury attorney:
What steps should people take after auto accidents?
If you are injured in an auto accident, you should take the following steps to better your chances of winning a personal injury claim:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident.
- Ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Ask anyone who saw the accident occur for their contact information.
- Ensure that you receive medical treatment at once.
- Ask your doctor for a copy of all medical documentation and bills concerning your injury.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Orlando personal injury attorney who can work to obtain all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof on your behalf.
To learn more about what you should do after an auto accident in Florida, please click the video below.
Is there a time limit on personal injury claims in Florida?
There is a time limit on personal injury claims in Florida, and it is known as the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, in most cases, four years, which means that generally, you will have four years from the date of your accident to pursue legal action against the liable party. Though this may sound like a lot of time, the longer you wait, the harder it will be for you to prove your claim. Our firm is ready to help you today. All you have to do is ask.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.