There is nothing worse than becoming seriously injured while on vacation. That being said, if you were staying at a hotel with multiple amenities and that hotel staff failed to ensure those amenities were safe, you may now be very injured. Please continue reading and speak with our experienced Florida personal injury attorneys to learn more about hotel accidents and how we can help you if you have been injured in one. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do if I am injured in a Florida hotel accident?
If you are injured in a hotel accident, you should take the following steps, as long as you are still physically capable:
- First, you should call the police, who will send an ambulance to the scene.
- You should then notify the hotel management of your injury.
- Next, you should ask any witnesses of your accident for their contact information, such as their name and phone number.
- Take pictures of the unsafe hotel condition that caused your accident.
- Ask your doctor for all medical documentation concerning your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who can work to obtain all other evidence needed to prove your personal injury claim.
To learn more about whether you may have a valid premises liability claim in Florida, simply click the video below.
How long will I have to sue a hotel for my injuries in Florida?
If you are injured in a hotel, you will have to file your personal injury claim within the state’s statute of limitations. Simply put, the statute of limitations is the amount of time you will have from the date of your accident to take legal action against the party responsible. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is four years. Do not make the mistake of waiting any longer than four years from the date of your accident to sue, for if you do, there is a very good chance that you will be permanently time-barred from suing. Our firm has helped countless individuals over the years, and we are ready to do the same for you. All you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call today.
Contact our experienced Orlando firm
Our firm understands the repercussions of a serious accident. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to fight the uphill battle for financial compensation on your own. When you hire one of our attorneys, you are hiring a devoted, caring, and aggressive attorney who will tenaciously fight for your rights. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and wishes to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact Attorney Schmitt of the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today.